Jung Pumpen Logo
History

History

Heinrich Christian Jung

On the 1 September 1924 the foundations of JUNG PUMPEN were laid. In a small building measuring barely 400m² the installation engineer Heinrich Jung set up a plumber's and installation workshop.

With a working capital of 1.000 "Goldmark" and only one assistant, Heinrich Christian Jung, planned to reach a turnover of 2.500 "Goldmark" in his first year of business. It is true that he was trained as a plumber, but at that time he decided to start with the construction and production of manual operated liquid manure pumps. This decision turned out to be the right one. The liquid manure pumps were very well received by the farmers of the vicinity.

10 years later, in October 1934, Heinrich Christian Jung changed his trade. He gave up the plumber's and installation workshop and concentrated totally on the production of pumps and took up a wholesale trade for plumber commodity. At that time, the letterhead showed a globe which was underlined by the self-confident term " liquid manure pumps of world-wide renown". With that very self-confidence, Heinrich Christian Jung managed to build up an enterprise that to this day is reputed to manufacture products of the highest quality. At the same time drinking water pumps from his own construction were added to the product range.

With the outbreak of war the company had ten employees but the war brought the pump production to a standstill for almost one decade. April 1945 – Steinhagen was still occupied and an end of fights was not in sight - but Heinrich Christian Jung already planned to resume the pump production.

As usual in those days the pumps were used as objects of exchange for food. But Heinrich Christian Jung made out the symptoms of those times and took a chance: While the pre-war-time was determined by craftsman's production the company then was aimed at industrial mass production. The four existing different fields construction, production, distribution and finance/administration were guided by one responsible executive each, but Heinrich Jung still pulled the strings.

After everyone recovered slowly but surely from the war Heinrich Jung reacted to the market's demands: Dirty water pumps and sewage disposal units formed the focal point of production. Business was improving and with the first sewage pump, A 54, in 1954 JUNG PUMPEN made its first step into the direction of "reliable sewage disposal". Heinrich Christian Jung died on the 24 November 1959 at the age of 63 and left a lifework that distinguishes by farsightedness and daring still today.

Old plumber's and installation workshop
U33: first submersible pump
U3K: first drainage pump

The death of Heinrich Jung left behind a noticeable gap but the four executives of the company were able to continue the business smoothly. Again and again an enlargement of the production plant was necessary because of the increasing expansion during the fifties and the sixties.

In 1963 Jung moved into the almost 4000 m² shed roof-hall. Exactly this hall gave JUNG PUMPEN a very terse look. Also from the technical point of view the year 1963 seemed to be a "revolutionary" year: With the U 33 the Jung pumps became submersible for the first time. These fully encased submersible pumps with float switch required an own motor-and controller production.

During the seventies JUNG PUMPEN made an excursion to the production of swimming pools and filtering installations. But because of the two oil crisis in this decade the heating of swimming pools became more and more expensive and therefore the production was discontinued.

But for good reason flexibility has ever been a trademark of JUNG PUMPEN and therefore a new field of business was found quickly: in the eighties, systems for pressure drainage entered the market and nowadays plenty of those systems of different size and performance all over Europe justify Jung's philosophy of a "reliable sewage disposal".

The production of ready to be installed pumping stations complete the idea of depth and width of production. JUNG PUMPEN manufactures recyclable sumps made of polyethylene in different sizes at its own centrifugal moulding plant. The production of the "Baufix"- and "compli"-series takes place at the same plant.

Small pumps for cellar drainage, sewage disposal units, powerful submersible sewage pumps, complete sump systems and control units for the municipal sewage disposal - for all this stands the name JUNG PUMPEN today.

For the central theme of "reliable sewage disposal" more than 365 employees in the plant of Steinhagen and the subsidiaries all over Europe do their utmost to meet your requirements.